The Association of Technical Personnel in Ophthalmology is proud to offer its members a listserv designed to facilitate group discussion and peer collaboration. Once you have registered for the ATPO ListServ, you may post questions and share information with other ATPO members by sending an email to the listserv. The ATPO listserv email address is:
ATPO reserves the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue the list with or without notice. ATPO will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or termination of the list.
As with any community, there are rules governing behavior on email discussion lists. If you do not understand any of the rules of conduct and need clarification, contact the list administrator. ATPO does not actively monitor the list for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to ATPO's attention, then ATPO, in its sole discretion, may take any and all appropriate action, including but not limited to removal of the material and exclusion of the violator from the ATPO listservs.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the ListServ is available for all members to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a ListServ message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that ATPO and other Listerv participants have the right to reproduce postings to this ListServ.
The following guidelines are not intended as rules or requirements for participating in the list. Instead, they are general tips for participating in electronic mailing lists in a responsible and courteous manner.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--no.t to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the ListServ. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, please contact the list administrator.
Questions regarding membership or administrative issues should be submitted directly to the list administrator.
The Legal Stuff
This ListServ is provided as a service of the Association of Technical Personnel in Ophthalmology (ATPO). ATPO is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. ATPO disclaims all warranties with regard to the use of the ATPO listservs, including but not limited to all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall ATPO be liable for any actual, special, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ATPO and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
ATPO prohibits the posting of messages facilitating or encouraging members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or indirectly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects will not be allowed: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ATPO does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to ATPO's attention, ATPO will take all appropriate action. ATPO reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.