The Association of Technical Personnel in Ophthalmology (ATPO) invites you to become a member of the organization that represents all Allied Ophthalmic Personnel (AOP)! The success of ATPO is due to the strength and professionalism of its members, who work through ATPO, to meet the demands of their careers as the scope of ophthalmic medical technology expands and changes. ATPO represents all AOP, including ophthalmic assistants, technicians, nurses, photographers, surgical and keratorefractive technologists, orthoptists, and contact lens specialists.
ATPO's mission is to support the exceptional delivery of physician-led patient care through education, training, career development, and advocacy for allied ophthalmic professionals.
Some of the benefits we offer to our members include:
- Monthly networking opportunities
- Special Interest Groups
- Reduced rates for certification exam preparation
- Reduced rates for Train the Trainer and ATPO Educational Programs
- Subscription to Viewpoints magazine
- ATPO’s Monthly Memo
- Access to Regional Mentors
- Opportunities to serve on committees, conduct training and education courses, serve as a regional ambassador, and more!
Regular Member – $95/year
Certified and non-certified ophthalmic personnel.
Student Member – $20/year
Individuals currently enrolled in an ophthalmic education program.
Joint CSOMP Member – $75/year
Certified or non-certified ophthalmic personnel who are members of both ATPO and CSOMP (Canadian Society of Ophthalmic Medical Personnel).
In addition to individual memberships, ATPO also offers group memberships at a discounted rate of $10 off the regular individual price. To qualify for a group membership:
- Enroll three or more members per organization
- Complete the group application form
- Each member of the group must also complete a single membership application
- A single payment for the group is required