ATPO’s mission is to support the exceptional delivery of physician-led patient care through education, training, career development, and advocacy for allied ophthalmic professionals.
What is ATPO
- The professional membership organization of Allied Ophthalmic Personnel (AOP)
- An organization of high standards and professional ethics
- Dedicated to quality vision care under the direction of an ophthalmologist
- Advocate for the profession
- Set standards and encourage certification
- Offer continuing education
- Discuss issues confronting the profession
- Provide national and international channels of communication among members
- Enhance the image of Allied Ophthalmic Personnel
A Tradition of Ophthalmic Representation
Since 1972, ATPO and its members have dedicated themselves to the success of Allied Ophthalmic Personnel. ATPO represents a diverse group of AOP, including (but not limited to) ophthalmic assistants, technicians, technologists, surgical and keratorefractive techs, photographers, nurses, and orthoptists.
KY Association of Technical Personnel in Ophthalmology (KATPO)
Established in 1994 - First Chapter of ATPO