ATPO’s mission is to support the exceptional delivery of physician-led patient care through education, training, career development, and advocacy for allied ophthalmic professionals.
What is ATPO
- The professional membership organization of Allied Ophthalmic Personnel (AOP)
- An organization of high standards and professional ethics
- Dedicated to quality vision care under the direction of an ophthalmologist
- Advocate for the profession
- Set standards and encourage certification
- Offer continuing education
- Discuss issues confronting the profession
- Provide national and international channels of communication among members
- Enhance the image of Allied Ophthalmic Personnel
A Tradition of Ophthalmic Representation
Since 1972, ATPO and its members have dedicated themselves to the success of Allied Ophthalmic Personnel. ATPO represents a diverse group of AOP, including (but not limited to) ophthalmic assistants, technicians, technologists, surgical and keratorefractive techs, photographers, nurses, and orthoptists.